Say"Welcome to my zone"


widgeo.net

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Purity Expreince in Japan - JST SSP


JST Sakura Science Plan is a youth exchange in science and technology program that presented by Japan Science and Technology Agency.

This program had been started from 19 to 28 October 2014. The Location of this program at Meguro Lab, University of Tokyo. Sakura Exchange is the prestigious program for students and researchers over the Asian and it’s my honour of being invited in this program.

           
This the main activities in JST Sakura Science Plan that I’ve learnt and experienced.
1st day ( October 19, 2014 )
Arrival to Haneda and settled up at KKR-NAKAMEGURO Hotel.
2nd day ( October 20, 2014 )
Having orientation about the lab meguro and then continued lecture ‘Global Perspective on Disasters due to earthquake focusing on vulnerability’ presented by sensei Watanabe. At this lecture, I had new understanding about the meaning of vulnerability which means weak points. This lecture also discussed about the vulnerabilty in Indonesia. Important point of this lecture is to learn the cause of high vulnerability.


Fig.1 Lecture ‘Global perspective disasters’ with Sensei Watanabe

3rd Day (October 21st, 2014)
            Next day was a lecture with Professor Meguro. Professor Meguro explained a topic research about technology which can analyzed if there’s shymptom of earthquake. Professor Meguro told us science and technology was not just for engineer but society too. In the afternoon, we too visited Metropolitan Disaster Preparedness Museum. Previously, we watched about the most destructive earthquake and tsunami in Kobe. Japan had been destroyed and all infrastructures were disable. We have known knowledge and practiced about the action that should be implemented if this earthquake happened including emergency response, safe and rescue. In the evening, we met students who had research at Meguro Lab came from Iran,India, Thailand, Nepal, and Japan. I had a very nice chat and discussion about science, research, and cultures.

Fig.2 lecture with Prof. Meguro


Fig. 3 Disaster prevention on earthquake ( shaking table conduct with 7 SR)


Fig. 4 Meet and Greet with students from Meguro Lab

4th Day (October 22nd, 2014)
Seminar on earthquake disaster preparedness by sensei Watanabe. At this seminar, Sensei Watanabe gave us lecture about how we can build hazard resilient society. We also discussed about some countries who also have high vulnerability like Nicaragua and Venezuela. Several points from this seminar :
a.       Vulnerability is a weak point.
b.      It’s really important to fill stomach ( develop human resources and achieve higher living standard )
c.       A key to success in dealing with disaster is to learn lessons from the past.
d.      There is a relationship between hazard and vulnerability. If hazard and vulnerability is becoming wider so that it will make serious damage.
e.       To prevent natural disaster it’s also important to have coordination between government and society
f.       Preparedness for risk reduction on earthquake that has been implemented by sensei Watanabe ; Debris flow breaker and PP Band method.
After having seminar, we had Campus visit at engineering Faculty, University of Tokyo.


Fig.4 having good discussion about earthqauke disaster preparedness 

5th Day (October 23rd, 2014)
Site visit to Obayashi Corp. Obayashi Corp,the largest constuctor company in Japan which has built many buildings. The most fascinating building, Tokyo Sky tree, is the tallest building in Japan whose height about 634 meters. I had many experience and lessons through this site visit. For example, I learned about Laputa 2D which is a super active base isolation system. I also experienced simulation earthquake with and without using Laputa 2D. I and other participants were in Shaking table experienced the earthquake with the magnitude of 7. The ground motion was extremely had big vibration. Compared with Laputa 2D , the ground motion was slower and didn’t make any high vibration.



Fig, 5 site visit to Obayashi Corp
After visiting Obayashi Corp, we continued our tour to meguro Lab and learned about PP Band which has been implemented in several countries like India, Iran, Indonesia, etc. This technology was founded by Professor Kimiro Meguro.

Fig.6 Diagram of Super Active Base Isolation System ‘Laputa 2D’


6th October 24th,2014.
Visiting Metropolitan disaster area, KEIO Hotel and, Imperial Palace. Metropolitan disaster area has a lot of tall buildings with modern constructed and high technology. At KEIO hotel, an implementation of risk reduction of earthquake has been already done. As I looked for more information, this hotel let people to come inside this building if there’s emergency situation like earthquake and tsunami.
Imperial Palace is located in central of Tokyo. Imperial palace has unique designed building. It’s not using complex materials to make the castle stand on the ground. The building’s foundation are just made from strength rocks like granite and andesite. Through this site visit, I have not only known about structures of its building but I also know about history of metropolitan disaster area especially Imperial Palace.
.
Fig. 7 Sight seeing around metropolitan government building


Fig. 8 Site visit to KEIO Hotel, breathtakng overview


Fig. 9 Site Visit to Imperial Palace

October 25th , 2014
Lecture on vulnerabilities of Gigantic cities by Professor Meguro
            Professor Meguro performed his presentation about vulnerabilities of Gigantic cities. The root cause of disaster hazard is not just about structure and materials of houses but it can be included social, political, religion. Most of casualities due to earthquake are caused by collapse of mansory houses. At this lecture, Profesor Meguro showed us PP-Band’s video which compared with other building without using PP Band.

Sight seeing.
In the afternoon, I and other participants visited Ueno. I loved and enjoyed all the activities like festival, visit temple, and many other attractive spots.


Fig.10 visiting Kaneji Temple


8th day ( October 26, 2014 )
Site visit to the Nippon Future, Science and Technology Museum.
I visited this museum and had made me full of joyful. Through this visit, I have learned a lot of lessons and many amazing technologies that has been made. I loved sight seeing in this museum because I felt like living in modern future.

Fig 11. Visiting Miraikan Museum, Odaiba

Continued to Harajuku, I think Harajuku is the most crowded area in Tokyo. Learned many things about this unique cultures
9th Day ( October 27, 2014)
Seminar on Vulnerability Reduction and Preparatory Work For The Wrap Up Session.
I and 8 other participants shared our experiences due to earthquakes. At this session, I presented my presentation about vulnerability in West Sumatera. At this session we also had Q&A about preparedness and bringing new ideas to cope similiar events for the future. Based on experienced and lecture that I got, I think PP Band Technology can be used for risk reduction due to earthquakes.After having seminar, continued lecture on the PPBM technology with Prof. Numada. After having explanation about PPBM technology, we also had lecture on urban disasters with Prof. Meguro. 

Fig. 12 Prof. Numada is explaining about PPBM Technology


Fig.13 Q&A on Urban Disasters and
 disaster management 

10th day ( October, 29th 2014 ) Wrap Up Session
This was final day for amazing experience here. I was so happy and sad at the same time. I took a granted for all the time since I was here. We learned alot from the lectures, site visit and conversation, and we have to make those knowledges useful for our hometown, Indonesia. Don’t make this amazing program stops for only 10 days, but we also have to continue this cooperation and exchange for as long as we can for the sake of our future.
I honestly feel so blessed, happy and proud to be able to join this program. The schedule is nicely packed with knowledge-full lectures from outstanding people, such as Prof. Meguro, Prof. Numada and our beloved Watanabe-sensei, who guide us everyday, watch over us, take care of us, I really don’t know how to thank you, dōmo arigatōgozaimashita, sensei, dōmo arigatōgozaimashita. I think the best souvenirs are my thoughts, my memories and my enlighten mind from this one and only amazing trip.
More photos ......>>>>>







Purity will be contriving our souls to be extremely passionate, kindle our heart,bring out our vigour, make life’s better and more value along with meaningful









No comments:

Post a Comment